Friday, February 23, 2007

please excuse me, and bear with me, just for a moment...

My husband isn't a big fan of painting, though he likes having things painted. That's totally okay, I'll do most of it, and he'll help me tomorrow for a few hours. What my husband does like though, is machines. He may not be interested in actually painting, but he's extremely interested in just how exactly my roll and go automatic paint roller works. And he's very interested in spending a Friday evening on the internet, searching for 'a pump' to give the paint roller "just a little more power, because I think I can do better than they did".

He sounds like a big geek, eh? This is one of the things I love so much about him. I absolutely adore that he can just look at the inner working part of just about anything and know exactly what it is and how it works. And I love the smile he gave me when I said this to him a while ago, as he was examining the paint roller.

Also, he gets very excited about giving me gifts when he knows he has the right one for me. At Christmas he almost wanted us to open presents early just because he wanted me to open the present from him. Today, he got in the mail at work the gift he ordered for me for my birthday, and he couldn't resist giving it to me. So after building up a lot of anticipation and then making me sit on the couch with my eyes closed he handed me ..... a box. (Then he took it away, set it on the chair across the room, and said 'hold on a second, i have to get water'. After I gave him a look he decided I could have it.) Inside the box.... my brand-new, fuzzy warm, this-is-all-I-want-for-my birthday SLANKET. (the funny thing is that if you click that link, I look just like the guy in the picture right now, except that I'm not a guy, obviously)

I love him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey J said...

Happy Birthday!!

I have big plans to make myself a Slanket....once I find the time, that is.

2/26/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home