the job
I just got the 'technical person phone interview' call. I really like these people. I'd have web contacts in LA, and everywhere else, if i took the job. It's a great opportunity for a career. I feel highly confident I'll be offered the job, and I really want it! The gal that called said "I'll talk to you again soon - hopefully"
BUT...
I don't want to work full-time, and I'm sure they won't pay me enough even if I did, and I like working at home, even when I get sick of it. You get sick of everything sometimes. I applied for this job when I was sick of being at home and now, now... I'm going to have to decide.
I thought I had it figured out, that I probably wouldn't take the job anyway, but now I'm on the fence again. I really like the 'team' of support i would have if I took the job.
pray!

4 Comments:
I did the same thing when I applied for the job in Billings - I was frustrated at my job and just kind of submitted online to a job notice, thinking nothing would happen. the job they originally offered me i didn't want, but it morphed into a good opportunity and now i'm five years ahead of where i would have been or should be at my age. not to mention the fact that moving to billings led to me meeting mike.
not to say you should take the job, but just to say that if you're really interested in it, keep in mind that what we plan for and where we end up usually are pretty different. it's how it all works out that matters.
Just tell them how you would like to do this. Tell them that you would like the work; however, you do not want to work "fulltime". Tell them that you can get what they need done working part-time.
This would allow you some flexibility and I am confident you will get it done anyway. Sell them on your experience and expertise.
If all else fails you could always blink those big blue eyes at them and they will do what ever you want (just like you used to do when ever you wanted your daddy to do something for you). Then again maybe that only works on Daddys--ah what the heck it's worth a try!
I agree with what your daddy says. If they really want you, they will be willing to work with you. Perhaps it'd be a work from home thing...or a part-time work from home + part-time work in the office (= full time).
the blinking my big blue eyes thing doesn't even work on husbands! I've tried!
Post a Comment
<< Home