Monday, February 05, 2007

BRRRR. Planning HOT food.

It's cold outside. And it's snowing. I guess at least if it's this cold it had better be snowing, because then at least it's pretty. If it was below zero and not snowing I think we'd ALL have SAD.
_____________________________________________________

So we're going with hot food this week, to keep us warm. I've been making a list of about 7 to 10 possible meals for the week, that way I'm not locked into anything, I still have choices, but I don't have so many choices that I'm overwhelmed. A few are always throw-together easy for when I'm lazy, a few look more difficult but really yummy, and a few are take more time but are no-fail. It's working so far, so here's my list:

Cod Cakes with Pepper Relish

Shake N Bake Pork Chops & Pineapple with Lime & Honey

Stuffed Green Peppers

Chicken Drumsticks breaded, with squash

Stuffed Acorn Squash

Garlic & Herb Chicken

Mushroom & Ginger Soup

Yogurt & Spinach Soup

Spaghetti

Chicken Dumpling Soup

View Recipes Here

Some other favorites that we've had:

Seared Ahi Tuna and Salad of Mixed Greens with Wasabi Vinaigrette
This was SO good. We had it two weeks ago and Adam still hasn't stopped talking about it. You have a very soy sauce / wasabi (japanese) flavor to the whole meal, and actually - very easy and super healthy!

Adam's Southwest Soup
Adam made this up one day, and it was oh so good. Pick up some Southwest Style Pepper Jack Soup, add some browned ground beef with taco seasoning, serve topped with Doritos (or corn or tortilla chips) and mexican cheese.

Chicken with Mushrooms and Tomato
This was easy, yummy, and very healthy.
____________________________________________________

See what a dork I am? What has happened to me? Saturday I got all worked up about cleaning the house, and in the middle of cleaning the kitchen I thought "hmmm... i should make some more dried fruit" (I've been drying apples and making homemade fruit roll-ups like it's going out of style lately) so I started cutting and coring my apples and thought "hey, I should make some cookies!" so I threw together the ingredients for Monster cookies and while baking them I decided homemade ice cream would be good to have also.

I was planning on cleaning the kitchen and then work on organizing the basement - instead I spent all day in the kitchen!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, thanks for the quickness of this. there are some good ideas here! I'm guessing Adam will eat just about anything, because Mike would only eat about two of those meals - which is part of my problem. the biggies are he doesnt' like mushrooms or very many types of fish. in fact, if i like it, you can almost bet he hates it and vice versa.

2/05/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so good! I haven't developed that cooking muscle yet. :-( But thanks for the recipes, because I like collecting them for the day I start!!! :-)

2/05/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home