Thursday, February 22, 2007

any excuse to go shopping

So. I guess I'm taking a job. I got nervous / anxious about it yesterday when I went in and met my co-worker... a cute girl named Tara who is fresh out of college and one month into her first job.
For the first time in my life I'll be working without a very direct boss. My boss is everyone else's boss. In the past I've had a person in my department over me. Now.. I'll basically be the head of my department. It's also the first time I'll have had someone 'under' me, which how I understand my relationship with Tara will be... though I'll think of it more as working together. Hand in hand. I'll have a lot about the TV News world to learn from her.

I'm excited and... scared? Do I REALLY want to have to get dressed up and go into an office again? Do I really want to do the whole awkward co-worker relationship thing again? Do I really want to be on a schedule? I guess I'll see. Hopefully I'll like it. I haven't actually thought of any reason yet to not like it.

My husband's brother has officially termed us DINKs. If you know what that means you're smarter than I. I had to google it.

So anyway. This is actually the most I've thought about the job, right now. Because I'm thinking about something more exciting: PAINTING my house!! yippee! I got the office done yesterday. I'm getting the little hall-area done today. I'll hopefully get the entry and the bedroom... and the bathroom? Done by Sunday. Then... our bedroom, the living room and the kitchen. I really want to get it all done by the start day... which is tentatively March 5. I better get back to work.

7 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

eee!!! congrats on taking the new job! you'll be great.

if it makes you feel better, i had to look up DINK at urbandictionary.com. i've never even heard that term before. maybe that means we're getting old...

2/22/2007  
Blogger Lindsey J said...

yay for the new job! I'm sure it'll take a bit to get used to, but hopefully it turns out to be the right decision. :)

2/22/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! i agree, you'll be great. i have a job where i supervise five people. it's kinda scary sometimes (like when they screw up and it becomes my fault, too), but it also makes my job more rewarding. i get a kick out of helping them find things that interest them and encouraging them to try new challenges.

i too had to look up DINK. i wonder why there's a need for a term for it at all?

2/23/2007  
Blogger yellowgirl said...

I realized last night when Adam got home that his brother probably got the term from his MBA classes. geek.

2/23/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I even know what a DINK is - and I didn't have to look it up.
Where have you guys been!!

2/23/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, weren't you already DINKs? it's not like you've been sitting around painting your toenails for the past few months! also ... all your talk of painting has me all restless, thank you very much! i'm looking forward to seeing photos... hint hint.

2/23/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! :-)

2/23/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home