Thursday, February 15, 2007

helllloooo? commenters?

people! you're supposed to help me out here! Lindsey is the only one who has said anything! hmph. I'm so completely on the fence about this. There are really good pros and cons to both sides. I keep looking for something that will tip me one way or the other and I can't find it!

5 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

I left you a longer comment on the original post, but I just thought of something else.

Do the current employees enjoy working there? What's the work atmosphere like? On average, how long have most employees been there? Is there a high turnover rate?

2/15/2007  
Blogger Meghan said...

What do I wish I had asked or known? I wish I had known whether everyone would like me... exactly how many annoying people I would be required to work side by side with - as well as exactly what it was that made them that way... And I would have liked to have known exactly the ratio of good to bad days that I would have...

I would also have liked to have known exactly how flexible their scheduling was... holidays, etc...

Congrats on the offer!! :)

2/15/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the thing i wish i'd known was how forward-thinking the company is. how much opportunity for challenges will you have? or for learning new things or taking on projects that will improve your skills? how flexible is the schedule? but it sounds like to me you want to know if you can work at home. and how much will this job improve your skills? is this something you can do a couple of years, pick up some new skills/contacts and then go back to self-employment when you have kids? how does it fit into your long-term goals? how much will the salary help meet any goals you and adam have, like trips or new cars or home improvements or paying off loans?

usually i think jobs come down to, will i enjoy it? just remember you're never stuck. if you take it and hate it, you can leave.

2/15/2007  
Blogger Lindsey J said...

Opportunities for advancement?

maternity leave policy (even if you don't need it now, you may some day...and places governed by FMLA usually require you to work there for 12 months before you can take FMLA/maternity leave)

(Yeah, I keep coming up with more)

2/15/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are some great ideas...but you seldom, if never get to know these things until you actually work in a place for some time. Opportunities for challenges, new skills and how forward thinking the company is are interview questions usually asked by the applicant during the interview(s). At this point, the main things you have to think about are the practical issies that affect your life and your schedule in the most significant way, as simplistic as this may sound: benefit package, and the flexibility of hours and working environment. My opinion? (not that it's important). Try it! Take the job. Perhaps God put that desire in you for a reason...that's why you applied for it. And maybe that's why you even got the offer. It'll be a nice change of pace for you, and change can be refreshing. You have absolutely nothing to lose...as someone already said, you can always leave at any time if you don't like it. Otherwise, you may be saying to yourself later, "I wish I had taken advantage of that opportunity".

2/15/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home