Friday, February 02, 2007

cheers for procrastination.

For the last three or so weeks I've been planning on ordering prints of wedding photos "any day now". I uploaded them all to shutterfly, bought some pre-paid plans so I could get 4x6s at 12 cents each, and low prices for other prints as well. Went through the process of choosing how many prints to order of each picture. Narrowed down the 5x7s to order, ended up with a free 11x14 since my order was so large, spend a few days deciding what the perfect photo for the 11x14 would be...

The order in Shutterfly saves for 10 days from each time you add it. So I kept having more time to decide if I had everything I wanted, if I needed more, if I ordered too much... Despite getting pre-paid plans, the shipping itself was adding up to over $60. Finally, today, I decided that I better just place the order and quit agonizing over whether I did it all perfectly or not.

After logging in I realized I was now being charged for my 11x14, and got mad at myself because I'd waited so long I missed out on that special. Then noticed the Valentine's Day special starting today... free 2-day shipping. 2-day shipping one day ago would have cost me $170. Today, it's free. I finally placed the order.

Procrastination saved me $60 and is getting my pictures here faster.

2 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

I always knew procrastination was good for something :)

2/02/2007  
Blogger Lindsey J said...

yay for procrastination! :)

2/02/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home