Friday, March 02, 2007

what i really think about Bill

Back when Adam and I were dating, I very in-frequently watched Bill O'Reilly, and enjoyed him. He's opinionated, sure, but I liked his opinions on things and his view. I felt like he had good 'talking points'.

now? NOW I have to watch / listen to him almost every day. At first I still enjoyed him, then he started to bug me a little, now (about five months later) I get creepy crawlies up my back when I hear his voice. HE DRIVES ME CRAZY.

He's arrogant, rude, inconsiderate. The worst thing to watch, and to listen to, is when he 'interviews' people. His 'interviews' typically consist of getting someone on the show, and then pretending to interview them while really letting them say about 5 words and then cutting in to get his own opinion (his answer to his own question) in. I can understand if he has an opinion, and I'm okay with that, but the CONSTANT interrupting of people, especially those who disagree with him, drives me nuts. I'd much rather hear their opinions and then hear his reasons why he disagrees, instead, I don't even get to hear the other point of view. And usually? The 'interview' ends up being practically an argument between him and the interview-ee, because they're both fighting to get their voices heard. It's frustrating, and irritating and I've reached the point where I refuse to watch him. I leave the room.

Sidenote: I don't typically disagree with his opinions, what he 'thinks' is fine, it's the WAY he does it that gets me.

If you need something to watch, and to get a good view on the issues and the world Adam & I love and HIGHLY recommend Glenn Beck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I generally feel the same way. I don't always agree with him, but the general idea of what he's saying or advocates is usually good, it's just his beligerant, obnoxious way of putting it out there, like it's not about the issue but about Bill. I'm not sure he even means well.

I too used to not be really bothered by him when I saw him here or there rarely, but Mike likes watching him and I can't handle that much of him. Now he comes on and I just walk away.

3/03/2007  
Blogger studiocitro said...

I don't know why, but it sounds so funny. I think maybe because I can imagine how you react when you are annoyed with something :) And also the little fine tunings of learning to live with someone :)

3/03/2007  
Blogger yellowgirl said...

the thing i think is interesting is that it seems like it's always women who are bothered by him, and not men...

3/03/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home