confessions of a coffee addict (and a tip for Kontrabanda)
There's a sticker on the window of my car, it's been there since I drove the car off the lot. "Give me coffee and no one gets hurt"
Once, when Adam visited me in Ca. and we spent the weekend in San Francisco, we took off one morning for the perfect place to have breakfast, it was a lovely day, but my head kept clouding over with caffeine aches and pains and I whined the entire time about how we need to "Just Pick a Place! I need Coffee!!" Adam was probably wondering who this crazy girl was and if he could just go home now?
Later, when I moved back, he gave me a card that showed a small empty train station and said "hell" on the front of it. The inside said "..no starbucks". He wrote that he'd always make sure I had my coffee.
My addiction is complete and well known.
I have a confession.
I'm drinking Tea. I drink Tea most mornings, and some mornings? I don't even drink that. I go without ANYTHING. (*shrinking away from other coffee addicts in shame*)
In the last month or so I've only been drinking coffee about 2 out of 7 mornings. It all started with a bad cold and a treadmill. Coffee never tastes good when I have a cold, so drinking tea wasn't at all abnormal, but the cold lasted so long that I got used to drinking tea and my body started getting used to surviving with less caffeine. When I got better I found that when I exercised in the morning I didn't get the urge for the coffee, and the caffeine headache rarely showed up. I've decided this is a good thing to have happened without going through noticeable caffeine withdrawals, so I'm trying to stay with it. Most mornings now, I have a cup of green tea (still has caffeine, but less than coffee) and then a cup of herbal tea. My routine of a peaceful morning with my steaming mug stays intact, but my caffeine addiction has diminished. Maybe, someday, I'll be able to wean myself totally off caffeine and be able to drink just herbal tea?
Oh, and I have an interview at 11 AM today for the job. Yeah, random, they called me last night... say a prayer?

4 Comments:
thanks.friend.
now i feel even worse for sucking it down as much as i do.
:)
Wow! Good luck at the interview that started 6 minutes ago. can't wait to hear how it went. :)
As a non-caffeine consumer, I can't say I can relate to the rest of the post. lol
Interview went really good. Now, If i get the offer... do i want a job out of the house? Where does God want me? Lots of things to PRAY about!!
I've never really been a coffee drinker, just the occasional frou-frou coffee for fun. I don't really drink anything other than water in the morning, but Mike downs a Mountain Dew first thing out of bed. Now THAT'S a bad habit!
Post a Comment
<< Home