our new southern friend
The man I love has been working most of the day on building sturdy basement shelves for me in an effort to start the process of making our basement NOT look like a pigsty. yippee!
-----
Adam has a co-worker in town from Arkansas for most of the month. Arkansas isn't deep south - but it's definitely southern. This Co-worker has a buddy from Louisiana who is a 'mean cook' and last summer they had "squirrel meat with potatoes and squash and onions and.... and it was great! What, you've never had squirrel meat?" He went to Arbys the other day and asked for 'tea', after waiting for it he ended up with a steaming mug of hot tea (of course!) and felt bad while explaining "um, I wanted ICED (pronounced 'aaaahhh - st') TEA, I'm from the south, we don't drink hot tea"
And his son's name is Ryan, but they call him
Bubba.
I'm not kidding. Who chooses to call their kid BUBBA? There's no reason for it either, they just call him Bubba, just cuz. Southernerners... But he helped Adam with my shelves yesterday, so I'll cook him more meals.

2 Comments:
Especially since every other kid on the block is probably called Bubba, too. I imagine moms all up and down the street opening up the front door and yelling "Time for supper, Bubba" and all the kids are confused.
Too funny! Justin (that's the boyfriend) actually had a friend in high school named Billy Bob. Think of the character from Varsity Blues..and that is Billy Bob.
Post a Comment
<< Home