"its funny watching rochelle become domesticated"
Monday morning I pored over Real Simple, Sunday's paper, emailed recipes, and new cookbooks, and found some recipes that sounded good for the week. Armed with a long grocery list and planned meals for the week, and then some, I went grocery shopping. And guess what? EVERY night this week I've made dinner. Chili, Chicken with Tomatoes and Mushrooms, made-up Pizza Casserole, Mexican Potato Soup and tonight: Tuna Steaks.
It could be the novelty, and it will probably wear off, but I've found that it's actually really fun cooking when everything is planned in advance. When I know I have the ingredients and I can search my mind for the recipes I've read and simply decide which one to try. Results so far: Chili and Pizza are always good, the Chicken with Tomatoes and Mushroom (and onions, garlic and parsley) was FABULOUS and super-healthy, the Mexican Potato Soup sounded great but was a bit disappointing. Tonight I'm hoping the Tuna will be a good as it sounds (It's a Rachael Ray recipe, so I have high expectations) and tomorrow I think I'll make a spinach frittata.
Yesterday I went to the paint store and came home with samples of paint. I'm really close to having every color figured out. This weekend the goal will be to organize the basement and next weekend, maybe, the painting will begin! Below is a picture of the living room, now. I think as i do every room I'll try to post a before and after picture (it's all, Rochelle's personal HGTV 'The Painted House")
And, as if you wanted to know the rest of my super-housewifey goals for the winter: I will soon be ordering wedding pics and SCRAPBOOKING our wedding. And as spring gets closer I'll start planning my GARDEN, which I truly hope, will overflow with Tomatoes, onions, peppers and herbs...

2 Comments:
wow
It happens to the best of us :)
Post a Comment
<< Home