work is never done
someday (far far away) i want to be a mom. But seriously? I can't fathom how it gets done. My sister's house is always pretty clean, and she has three kids. Now, we're different people, obviously, and she's always been cleaner than me, but still! I'm now at a point in life where I'm actually trying people! And I can't keep my house clean for one minute! Yesterday I spent all day (ALL day!) cooking, cleaning, doing laundry. Seriously, all day. And this morning? Dishes piled in the sink, junk on the counter. agh.
Okay, so I might have spent more of the day cooking than cleaning, which would contribute, but geez! And the butternut squash soup I made wasn't even as fantastic as I was expecting it to be, and it took a LOT of work to get it there! But dude, my chocolate-chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, they're gonna be good.

5 Comments:
Does your sister secretly hire Merry Maids?
i'm with you. i'm terrible at keeping the house clean. i constantly feel like the place is dirty and i fear that if i have children, they'll all suffer from terrible asthma from all the dust!
*actually* Karen, the current belief is that asthma and allergies are on the rise because people are being TOO clean in their homes :) So there's a good excuse for you. Works for me.
lindsey - i was thinking something similar. My husband's mom kept their house perfectly spotless, and he has asthma and allergies. I, on the other had, grew up on the farm eating dirt and have none of the above! :)
rochelle, i know what you mean. i cannot fathom adding anything else to my life. i barely have time for what i currently do (and don't get done). seriously though, many of the woman who i work with DO hire merry maids...
Post a Comment
<< Home