mid-january already?
um, hi. It truly can't be the middle of January because, hello! it has only snowed TWICE and both times pretty much melted away by the end of the day. Yeah, yeah, i hear rumors of it snowing in other places. Snow, sleet, ice, car accidents, electricity off for weeks, etc etc. But here in "the Dunes", we haven't gotten none of that, so while those people are probably sick of winter (as people usually are by mid-January) I don't feel like it has actually even started. Don't be mad at me for this, but truly? I WANT SNOW! I want beautiful white fluffy snow. I want it to snow all day and pile up. I want to see kids outside building snowmen and snow forts and sledding until their noses freeze. I want the trees to sparkle with frost in the morning sun. I want the layer of snow and frost that makes everything brown and ugly beautiful again.
I'm not sure where the time went. I was all in Christmas-mode, buying presents, wrapping presents, making cookies, drinking eggnog and then it was all over. Just like that. So i decided I better re-focus, put things away, clean, pay bills, all the stuff I'd been avoiding in the happy of Christmas. Then I realized I didn't have that much to do and got bored (hence the last post) and then decided if i didn't have much to do, i might as well not be sitting at the computer doing that nothing, so i've been doing other things... mainly trying to decide how to paint / decorate the house (since, eee! i got a new paint roller for Christmas. This inspires me.) I've gone on curtain shopping sprees. I've bought shades and brought them back. I took down one set of the icky-pastel-colored vertical blinds in the dining room and felt FREE! and now am on a mission to find the blinds for the sunroom so i can banish forever the other vertical blinds. I've picked up more paint samples, as if i didn't already have enough. I surfed the net for pictures and ideas. I started reorganizing the basement and unearthed things I'd forgotten I had. I'm almost ready to get 3 oz sample paint colors for testing and then, THEN I will paint! And soon I will organize the basement completely (my wonderful husband is going to build me shelves).
So, i have battled the not-so-busy-ness by trying to get out from behind my computer and doing other things. And honestly? even though the living room isn't painted yet I'm starting to LOVE it. I FINALLY made something work in our awkward and annoying living room. (ought to, I watch HGTV enough)
And now, I haven't heard back from the job I applied for, but that's okay because I'm thinking I'm leaning more towards the not wanting an out-of-home job anyway. I had Foster Care Review Board a couple days ago, something I really am liking because it truly can make a difference in children's lives, and I don't think I could take a job that would cause me to not be able to do this.
More importantly though? I truly believe that this move and this job, this place I am in life, was directed by God. It's the first thing I've truly felt was all God and not a bit me, so who am I to try to take control and find a different job? I need to trust that I am here for a reason, and I need to be patient and follow Him to know what that truly is.
Oh, and Christmas? Was FABULOUS. Mom posted pictures.

2 Comments:
i'll trade you. it's been snowing here for two days now. the roads are all coated in a lovely thick layer of ice and you can barely drive. oh, and it's also 0 degrees. but i do know what you're saying ... even if i'm not a fan of snow right now.
so happy to read this post! good job for not letting the slump eat you but digging yourself out of it :) good girl! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home