almost.not.still.sick.
Did I tell you already how much I hate being sick? I hate it. Just really hate it. I'm finally getting over it, but my head is still stuffed up and all the crap in my sinuses just keeps hanging out back there and draining in whatever way I move my head (sorry, i know you didn't want to hear that). I've blown my nose so much I feel like I've blown my brains right into those kleenexes, and you know how your ears pop sometimes when you blow your nose? Well I blow my nose every thirty seconds so my ears constantly feel like that now, popped. They kinda hurt. And somehow there's still crap in there, and I have to breathe through my mouth, which makes my throat hurt (though, that's definitely getting better).
Okay i'm done.
I DID finally feel good enough to cook last night, though my attempts at cooking didn't go so well. I should just stick with what I know I can do - pasta and sugar cookies. The thing is they were the easiest recipes in the world, just mix stuff and put in a pan and bake. That IT. But meatloaf, I don't get it... when you brown hamburger you always drain the grease, but when you do meatloaf the grease cooks right in there with it, so while the meatloaf came out tasting okay, it was sooo greasy. ick. Is it supposed to be like that?
And the scalloped pineapple, I think I distracted myself with doing too much and just didn't cook it long enough. The sugar cookies came out good though! Except the ones on the cheap cookie sheet (note to self, don't use that one again) which burned. I think I'll send those to work with Adam.

4 Comments:
scalloped pineapple? never heard of it! meatloaf is one of the few things I can make. what you need is one of those squeegie, suction thingies and periodicall suck the grease out of the pan while it's cooking.
ohhhh! that makes sense. do you have a good meatloaf recipe?
oh, and scalloped pineapple is something we grew up on, but i'm just realizing that very few people have heard of it. it's yuummmmmy.
i don't know if it's a good meatloaf recipe, it's the one my mom uses. it's probably pretty basic, but i'll email it to you. i'll trade you meatloaf for pineapple, you've got me curious.
Post a Comment
<< Home