GO BIG RED
Somehow, all the way through my life the team I've rooted for has always been BIG RED. High school, college, and now Nebraska. It's easy to catch on when you're always yelling GO BIG RED.
Big game tonight, against Oklahoma, it decides who goes to the Fiesta Bowl, plus it's a big rivalry. Nebraska started out awful, as i write we're 3:55 left in the second quarter and NU finally just made the first touchdown so we're 7-14.
I don't totally get this football thing, but I'm learning it. The best thing is that guys become someone else during football. For instance, my husband NEVER cusses, ever, period... unless it's a Nebraska game. 2 minutes in tonight I heard the f-word 3+ times. There's one chair in our living room no one ever sits in, it's black papazzon chair that sits in the corner. It usually holds coats that get thrown on it... but when a Nebraska game is on you can Guarantee that chair will be pulled out in front of the TV. I'm not sure why, but the chair must make it easier for him to watch the game or something. It's better if he's closer? It's easier for him to jump up and yell at the TV? dunno. Also - the essentials during a game: beer and buffalo wings.
I got in the spirit today. For some reason I LOVE making sugar cookies during christmas. I'm not big into baking or cooking most of the time, but christmas sugar cookies make me happy. I'd make them every day if I could, and I don't even have to eat them. So, what I'm saying is, today i made not Christmas Sugar Cookies but NEBRASKA sugar cookies. White circles with a big red 'N' on them. Such a dork.
Oh, and the treadmill update: I wouldn't let adam work out last night because I reallllllllly wanted to get thank you's done. And they're DONE. Today, me - 2.5 miles, Adam - something like that also. But tonight: lots of beer, so i'm not sure how that balances...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home