Thursday, November 30, 2006

Really Expensive Treadmill: Day 2

Running on Treadmill:
Adam: check (He worked until 7, then came home and ran, then worked on other things all while I SLAVED away on thank-yous. I really wanted to try to convince him not to run, and to HELP ME DARN YOU - I've done 50, he's done 9 - so I was kinda crabby, but he worked out and I'm proud of him, really.)
Me: check. I ran the "muscle toner" this morning. 30 minutes with varying elevations, it was an easier workout for me to do (even though it was actually harder) than yesterday was which gives me hope that I can get back into the shape I used to be in. (Did you know, one time, back when I was young, I got up every day at FOUR AM to run three miles? hello? was I crazy?) I'm a tad bit sore, but that good you're-actually-getting-muscles-moving kind of soreness.

There was a time that I wanted to work out primarily to lose weight and be more toned. I realized the last couple days that my motivation has changed. I'm really happy with my weight, and while I could use more muscles I'm fine the way I am (besides, if anything is too heavy I now have a husband to take care of it for me).

My motivation is now an immediate result and a kind of strange long-term one...
1. I've been really lazy lately, having a really hard time being motivated to work and even when I am, tired a lot and just wanting to take a nap or drink a lot of coffee all the time. Yesterday, after exercising I had more energy all day than I've had for a long time, surprise! So my immediate result is simply just being more energetic on a daily basis, I feel better and get more done.
2. Someday (not in the next year) I want to have kids. I've heard rumors that birth is easier and goes faster if you're in shape and have been exercising throughout the pregnancy. Well I figure I'll have a hard time exercising through a pregnancy if I'm not in the habit of exercising before it, and I figure having some muscles built up can't hurt any. So in a way, I'm exercising to prepare for having babies...

happy almost-friday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He-He-He-He That's right - that reason for motivation worked for me too - up until Abby was born. I haven't excercised since. Have any ideas for new motivation for me?

11/30/2006  
Blogger studiocitro said...

I TOTALLY took this sentence "besides, if anything is too heavy I now have a husband to take care of it for me" the wrong way. i don't know if it is being a foreigner or a dirty mind...

12/01/2006  
Blogger studiocitro said...

and stop this "happy happy about exercise" - i just have managed not to feel guilty for not having had exercised for the last half year.

:)

12/01/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home