giving thanks
Thanksgiving, it's kind of a silly holiday really, but hey, I'm all about taking a few days off to hang out with family and eat lots of turkey! This year was the first in five years that I've spend Thanksgiving day with my family, and sometimes it still amazes me that my little family-of-five has turned into a family of 13. We can't even all sit at one table! I love them.
For the weekend we did what we've done for the last two full Thanksgiving weekends, went down to Adam's grandparent's house in southern Nebraska (about 12 miles from the border of Kansas). It's a tradition I've really grown to like, because it makes Thanksgiving all about taking a long weekend away, rather than just one day of food and family, plus, going to the farm always reminds me of going to my grandparent's farm.
At this Thanksgiving, it's all about food and football. I can only watch so much football, so for me, it's all about food and reading (two books!).
Other stuff:
*I've discovered my pet squirrel is ruining my birdfeeder, so i need a good way to get rid of him.
*I really need to get my wedding thank you's done and stop wasting time.
*I wanted to bring the cute Christmas kitten named "elf" home from the grandparents, but my allergic-to-animals husband won't let me.
*i get to turn on Christmas lights and get a Christmas tree now!! yippee!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home