movies and me
Pretty much everyone knows I love chick flicks. It usually goes without saying, to the point where, if I'm renting a movie with someone they often automatically 'compromise' themselves to the chick flick without asking me what I want to watch.
Let me give you more, um, insight, into this though...
Why do I love chick flicks? yeah, yeah, all the girly love stuff, of course i like that. But why do I often choose them over the other movies, even if I'd maybe really like another type of movie?
Scary Movies and those action-packed, suspense-filled movies are often very good, but I guess put too much of myself into the movie, because I end up sitting rigid for an hour and half, with all my muscles tense, coming out of it exhausted, with sweaty hands, and needing a massage. Watching these movies just plain wears me out. Simple as that. And so, while I might enjoy an action movie, I like to end it relaxed and happy, not tense and worn out, so i pick a chick flick, it's just easier to handle.
Also? The movies I love but barely suggest getting because I know other just usually won't agree? The ones about the 20s or 40s, especially with the music. Beyond The Sea. Bugsy. Chicago (of course) And just old classic movies, Audrey Hepburn, etc.
So there's my random thought for the day. Adam and I just watched Mission Impossible 3. I needed a break in the middle to relax. Also, Tom Cruise isn't as fun to watch since he became a weirdo.

1 Comments:
i just jump on people who lay on the couch while watching a scary movie and then squeeze their hand really really hard :)
Post a Comment
<< Home