married.
this being married thing? I love it.
sometimes, when I tell someone something we do together, or something he does (i.e. he dropped me off at the door to a restaurant the other night) the listening party smiles and says "newlyweds." As if that explains it all. A little part of me thinks "why 'newlyweds' why can't we just he in love? or just be having fun? or just be being nice?"
I realized yesterday that I'll probably reach that point someday, where I'll hear a story someone newly married tells, and shake my head a little and go "newlyweds." in the tone that says that that explains it all. And I realized I'll do it will the little happy smile and a memory of these days. I'll be remembering when we had to consult each other on the little things (is this height okay for the picture? Do you like that vase right there?) and when we worked together on jobs, even if it just meant me standing in the cold watching him put up Christmas lights, asking him if he wanted hot cider or chocolate when he came in? When we played and giggled and made dinners together, when we had things to get done but instead just cuddled on the couch all day, when we were in the process of learning each other and loving every minute of it.
Newlyweds.
I know this isn't the only time we'll do this stuff, but I'm also not naive enough to think that it will always be this much fun and this easy. Right now, every day is fun, every email and every conversation is fun. doing little jobs, the christmas lights, cleaning the house, is fun. I love this man and I'm loving this time in my life, and i'm trying to savor every moment of it.
This being married thing? love it.

1 Comments:
I think that if you're happy together, you'll keep doing these things at least some of the time. You'll just eventually stop telling other people about it. We have a lot of obnoxious conversations in which we talk about how lucky we are to have found each other and what a nice happy simple life we have together, and I realize it's still new enough that it's exciting, but I hope that that doesn't mean we'll eventually get over it and stop looking out for each other.
Post a Comment
<< Home