webmaster.
web designer.
aunt of five.
WIFE.
friend.
sister.
daughter.
child of Christ.
"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me." ~C.S. Lewis, Shadowlands
i just realized that my favorite photos of myself (besides wedding photos) are two+ years old. Does this mean i need to have more people take photos of me.... or that i'm getting old?
I think it's neither--I think that we're all too self-critical of photos and that makes it hard to find new favorite photos. I have two favorite photos of me that are a couple years old too and even though I like my long hair better (as it is now), these are at the perfect angle to not cause a double-chin, so I like them better. You just need to be patient--someday you'll get a new favorite photo of you. :)
I wish I had photos of myself when I was a crazy teenager. It would be so fun to see the cute clothes and blue hair. I was too self conscience then to have pictures though, even though I know now that I was much cuter then and will never have that body back. I wish I had a picture of my abs back then!!! Every picture preston takes I have a double chin and no makeup so those get deleted pretty quick. I do have a few recent favorites though. I love our engagement photos!
5 Comments:
I think it's neither--I think that we're all too self-critical of photos and that makes it hard to find new favorite photos. I have two favorite photos of me that are a couple years old too and even though I like my long hair better (as it is now), these are at the perfect angle to not cause a double-chin, so I like them better. You just need to be patient--someday you'll get a new favorite photo of you. :)
I wish I had photos of myself when I was a crazy teenager. It would be so fun to see the cute clothes and blue hair. I was too self conscience then to have pictures though, even though I know now that I was much cuter then and will never have that body back. I wish I had a picture of my abs back then!!! Every picture preston takes I have a double chin and no makeup so those get deleted pretty quick. I do have a few recent favorites though. I love our engagement photos!
angela
oh my gosh Angela, i would LOVE to see those pictures... It really is too bad you don't have them!
the teenage ones or the double chin ones? Ha ha
v. funny! the blue-hair teenage ones :)
Post a Comment
<< Home