Sunday, July 08, 2007

bikes

I've been awful at updating this site lately. Has anyone figured out yet how to give me more time in each day?

My husband has gotten on a bike kick, he's convinced that if we buy new bikes that we'll ride them a lot, he's been spending hooouuurrrss on the computer researching, going to different bike shops, etc. He's not one to impulse buy a big item, that's for sure. However, sometimes I think that his research gets him a form of 'best' which isn't really what we need... fortunately we have friends that just bought new bikes at WALMART of all places and are happy with them. And now boy might be okay with buying a bike at Wal-Mart rather than a "cheap" bike at a bike shop (a good $300 or more difference when you're getting two bikes). yay. I hope he's still okay with it once we go look at them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey J said...

Make sure you try to pick one up before you buy one--Walmart bikes tend to be really heavy. D suggests you get a used good one. Even my "cheapest Schwinn available" (not purchased at Walmart, though I think they do sell Schwinn there now) is really heavy and I feel it slows me down a lot. If I were to purchase a new bike now, I'd spend the extra money to get a lighter frame.

Just my opinion. :)

7/08/2007  
Blogger studiocitro said...

i meant to ask you a while ago - how is the treadmill coming along?

7/08/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dad is like that - he gets on a kick about something (kayaking, biking, etc) and then shops around and buys the most expensive one he can find because if he's going to use it, it has to be the best. then he gets tired of it after about six months! drives my mom crazy!

7/09/2007  
Blogger yellowgirl said...

oh gosh, Karen, I hope Adam isn't always like that! hmmm.... You know, what i DIDN'T add to this post was that "I hope I'M still okay with this after we go to WalMart"

We went last night and tried to get ourselves to be okay with something... but I'd honestly keep my $3 garage sale bike over getting a WalMart one. The problem with Adam is that he's usually right. dangit.

7/09/2007  
Blogger yellowgirl said...

treadmill....hmmm.... i think we spent too much money on that. But we did use it pretty well in the winter. Now that summer is here, not so much.

7/09/2007  
Blogger melissa said...

So is this kind of like the expensive treadmill in the basement?

7/09/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll use it again in the winter. i never use mine in the summer - except when it's TOO hot to do stuff outside and the only cool place in the house is the basement. but every winter i go back to it. i'm still glad we've got ours, even if i'm the only one who uses it.

7/10/2007  
Blogger Lindsey J said...

Doug uses our treadmill in the winter and when his allergies don't allow him outside. It's definitely a seasonal thing. :)

You can get a stand thing for your bikes so you can have a stationary bike inside during the winter too. :)

7/10/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home