My Minnesota Friend
Most have already heard this story, but it's one I like so much.
My family went on vacation to a resort on a Minnesota lake when I was about 11, Dickerson's in Spicer Minnesota. The family that ran the resort had a list of all the families staying each week, including the names and ages of the kids. When we arrived they told us that there was a girl in another cabin just one year younger than me.
I still remember Katie walking down the dock as I sat in the boat reading a book, I was to shy to introduce myself to her, but she didn't hesitate for a moment when she saw me, the girl about her age.
We've been friends ever since, from letters back and forth, to visits back and forth each summer. We met most of each others boyfriends, and share some crazy high school stories. We got busier in college, but I headed back five years ago to take photos of her wedding and she visited me in California just before I left.
As my high school friendships faded quickly after hs graduation, and my other teenage friendships drift apart, Katie and I have stayed in touch and stayed friends. And this weekend we got to head up to Minnesota to take photos of her sister's wedding, listen to some 'Minnesoootan' and spend a few days on the lake.
It was so good to see them all again, to catch up on life and have Adam meet these people who have all been part of my life for so long. I imagine that one day we'll have children and share family vacations together. I'm so blessed to have them in my life.
More pictures

2 Comments:
Yay! I'm glad you had so much fun in MN with Katie :)
You both totally look like sisters!
Post a Comment
<< Home