birdies and autoplay
one of these things is not like the other..
I (impulse!) bought a new birdfeeder last Saturday (impluse buying is bad in the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace plan) and though it cost more that it seems like a bird feeder should ($20) it came with all the options, and it's specialty SQUIRREL BE GONE! I thought my squirrel who ate out of the bird feeder was cute last year, right up until he chewed the little pegs for the birds to stand on right off.. ALL of them.
So the new bird feeder is created so he can't get at the food, I'd explain to you how, but I'd probably just confuse you. AND not only that, but it's made for Finches AND Cardinals and other kinds of birdies. The other kinds I care not so much about but it seems that so far the finches like it! And the pretty pretty red cardinal that lives behind the house is getting closer to being interested in it (he hasn't figured out that the food is on the feeder and not on the ground just yet, maybe a not-so-smart pretty cardinal)
______________________________________________________
In other news... I have a poll. What do you think of autoplay on websites? Seriously, I need opinions on this, and if you've ever had a conversation with someone about it, I want to hear those opinions too. I'm talking autoplay videos or music, I'm more interested in what you think about autoplay videos, but I think the two stand on very similar ground. So? Hmmm?

5 Comments:
to answer your poll - i really hate autoplay on music and videos. if i'm going to a site, maybe it's not w/the intention of listening to the music or watching the video, so it's a pain to have to find the stop button to make it stop. i'd rather click the play button if it's something i choose to listen to/watch.
Ditto.
Plus my computer's virus blocker almost always prevents the music from playing anyway!
That said, I just realized that Ricky's website automatically starts playing a song on the home page. I have to admit in that instance... only for sentimental reasons... I like it.
In all other instances... I don't like it! Especially videos... they always seem to freeze up the computer.
(Maybe all this means I need a better computer... but... whatever.)
Yay for birdfeeder!!
Autoplay is from the Devil. I'm a tabbed browser and sometimes I'll open several links right in a row, each in its own tab and when I'm somewhere like myspace, I have to go to each one and click stop. It annoys me to no end.
not a big fan of the autoplay. i dont like to be surprised.
Hi!! My two cents on auto-play...
RE: music that is set up for auto-play: I tend to not like it, especially if I'm at work and forget I have my volume on! However, there have been several times when I've been turned on to new music because of auto-play. I probably wouldn't have taken the time to play the music but when it came on automatically I liked it! So, If I were a musician I would probably use it so people had no choice but to hear my music!!!
RE: videos (like news clips, etc.) absolutely hate it and it has no redeeming quality for me whatsoever!!!!
:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home