things you didn't really want to know about my underarms.
I hate shaving my 'underarms' (yeah, okay, armpits, we all know what they're really called). I really do. They get all rashy and painful, especially if i have to put the deodorant on right after I shave. Forget about shaving two days in a row, because it's constant pain every day if I do that. Summer are awful, because I love tanktops... I decided last summer that I didn't care (the French are classy, right?) and I just shaved when I felt like it (Adam married me anyway).
But then, last summer, the wedding approached. And the honeymoon... and the other honeymoon... and I really didn't want to be dealing with painful and / or unshaved armpits for all that... and if you're ever going to have an excuse to spend a lot of money on something... the wedding is one of those times.
So I decided on laser hair removal. I went in for my first 'treatment' a few weeks before the wedding and was the happiest person ever, I honestly had to shave - and it could barely be called shaving - about once every week. But, as predicted, it grew back in and I had to go back for another treatment. They say you do five treatments and then you should only have to come back in once a year, but it differs for everyone.
Let me tell you something about these laser treatments. They hurt. A lot. The first time I was tough but since then, not so much. Is it worth it? Ask me later.

3 Comments:
Wow! Thanks sooo much for posting this! I actually have been really, really debating lately on having this done!!! Actually, if you have time, would you email me more specifics of your experience... if there is more to share. :-)
Nothing beats waxing! I come from Europe where women are known for not shaving, but the ones they do, wax instead. It's not as painful as the 'myth' says, especially the arms area. If you find a nice salon where they can do it for you, I think you will be nicely surprise. I highly recommend it!
I was going to add in there that I tried waxing, but part of my problem with it was A. that it was a pain in the arse because my hair was SO coarse that this lady sat there foreeeever picking little hairs out with tweezers and because B. That maintenance thing? not so good at it. Laser treatments are every 6 or 8 weeks and then basically done forever. (that's the idea anyway).
Waxing, i know it gets thinner, but still, you have to keep doing it... so cost-wise it ends up costing a LOT more.
Post a Comment
<< Home