Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Forcing summer to come with little more than pure willpower.

I've done this before. In college I bought a cute little Easter bunny 'Welcome Spring!' doorhanger and hung it on our door in the middle of February. Last February, March? I started wearing skirts and flip flops even though it meant my toes would freeze off, almost entirely.

This year, fortunately, winter came late, so my desperate "I'll FORCE summer to come!" need for warm weather has arrived later than usual, which means... it just might work...?

Spring is all about fun skirts and fun shoes and tanktops. Exactly what I wore to work today (okay, fine, with a warm jacket, dress code says i can't actually wear tanktops) and at home shoes get kicked off and I really want to open windows and drink a cold beer... what? it's only 48? California Winter?

pshaw. if i close my eyes really tight and pretend maybe summer 70s will come...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weren't you just wishing for snow? sheesh! :)

3/22/2007  
Blogger yellowgirl said...

i know. never happy.

3/22/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home