getting our exercise on.
Did I tell you we're getting a treadmill? No? Okay, so we're getting a treadmill. (With our wedding money, I'd have guessed we'd buy a kitchen table and a patio, but no, instead its a freezer and a treadmill) And this isn't just any treadmill, or some used maybe-we'll-use-it treadmill. This is a brand-new, "deluxe console", running treadmill with all the fancy programs and buttons and heart-rate monitors, and the price? Just a little less than you see on the website. We'll get it right around Thanksgiving, which means we can eat a lot (right?).
I have a very hard time committing to spend that much money on anything. And though the idea is nice, I never would have done this on my own because I'm never sure if I'll actually use it or not and when you're spending that much money - you BETTER use it! But the husband is right, we need to exercise and we won't do it in the winter otherwise (heck, we're not doing it now and it's been gorgeous outside) AND we have the perfect spot for it. A cool basement with a TV, VCR and DVD player. So now, we've committed to it, made the purchase and have a delivery coming... I HAVE to use it, so plan to see a skinnier Mr. and Mrs. come next spring (and if you don't, feel free to motivate us in whatever way you think is necessary).

1 Comments:
Don't feel bad, we bought a flat-screen LCD TV with our wedding money. We got a treadmill probably two years ago and I bet a week hasn't gone by that I haven't used it. I was on it just this morning. Now the weights Mike got at the same time? Collecting dust.
Post a Comment
<< Home