Wednesday, March 29, 2006

alone.

My roomie is in Europe right now, visiting the fiance and the family. I'm excited to have her get back, but this week I have to admit that i'm enjoying. I'm practicing the art of enjoying time alone...

It hit me not long ago that i don't 'do' alone time like i used to. Between trying to get life done, spend time with Adam and with Ags, plus visit with and catch up with other friends and family... I'm never alone, and when i am it's either when i'm working or in a rush to get something cleaned or done so i can go do something with someone.

Back in the day, I was revived by my alone times. A beautiful spring afternoon would catch me jumping in my car with my camera for an afternoon drive to wherever-my-car-took me. A cold winter day would have me bundled up with a cup of cocoa reading a book. A cleaning mood would include Sinatra on my stereo loud and a glass of wine (i always clean better with wine). If i had a project, i'd spread out on my living room floor and just work away on it. And just to get away sometimes, I'd spend entire days in the darkroom printing pictures...

I know that life can't always be that way, but knowing how much those moments refresh me, I'm trying to make an effort to consciously do them once in awhile. So i'm taking this week to be at home, work on a couple projects, get some cleaning done, and enjoy some alone time.

Plus, Adam built me a beautiful table for my darkroom in his basement, and i've finally got everything done for it. All I need is some film!

1 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

GREAT!!! Does that mean that you are cleaniing the house?!!!!! :) :)

YEah, I totally hear you about that - I love to have you at home but sometinmes it is a welcome break :)

3/31/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home