Wednesday, October 12, 2005

geek.

I'm SO EXCITED.*

For some reason there are certain things that people get excited about that cause them to be called geeks. (i.e. our librarian friend gets way more excited than can be humanly sane about LIBRARIES! RESEARCH!)

I blame culture. It's okay to have the job as the sports guy and always be excited about it, because that's cool. But when you're excited about, well, the inner workings of meat packing plants for example, you're just not deemed as cool by our culture.

Well, today I call a SHOUT OUT for the geeks of the world! Go Ahead, Do a little yippee dance about BOOKS, or LEGAL STUFF, or COMPUTERS, or MACHINES or...(feel free to fill in your particular form of geekiness)

I just got a database switched from an agency to CHI. This doesn't sound like that big of a deal. But it is. and *I'M EXCITED. The interest list for CHI is now controlled by yours truly, and I've come up with a new monthly update email for the company, one i'm completely driving, writing, designing, sending...

So now that the database is moved, and people are signing up for it, i'm signing on constantly to see who has signed up, and every time I notice that someone checked the 'I want to receive a monthly update...' box I do a little happy dance and think about how much I love this job.

2 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

here, here. as your "library friend," i'm totally with you on being excited about things that the world at large has deemed to be less than cool. i, for one, am happy for you and your database switch :)

10/12/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am happy for you - cheers to us dorks!
-- the legal geek --

10/12/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home