Monday, October 03, 2005

weekend.

Friday night i made it to Kyle's fourth birthday party, the first birthday party i've been too since HIS first! He's been taught so well to thank people that most everyone got a hug BEFORE their gift was opened and then again AFTER. His Humpty-Dumpty fell off the cake wall before everyone got a piece of it with ice cream, and the toy waffle maker got the prize for the noisiest toy. Kudos to Uncle Preston, who I'm sure will get noisy-toy payback one of these days!

Saturday was my first trip to Lincoln. My initiation into Husker-Dom. The game was vs Iowa State. I was torn, but I knew that if i didn't wear the Huskers shirt i'd probably get beat up, or at the very least I'd just wouldn't be allowed in!

The game was FANTASTIC. The first half was a little slow (for me, maybe not for Adam, who couldn't talk by the end of the night) but the second half was exciting, and Huskers finally won in the SECOND overtime! 20-27. Then a night out, we're all getting old because 'a night out' means sitting around a table at a trendy bar, and going to sleep by midnight! I had a moscow mule, a drink with a history, served in the traditional copper mug.

Yesterday I got a tour around UNL's campus before heading back to Sioux City. A fun afternoon of goofing around, washing my car (it's CLEAN, really truly shiny smell-good CLEAN), and making pasta for dinner. Fun day. FABULOUS weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home