Friday, June 22, 2007

bikin' it

I rode my bike to work EVERY DAY this week, even yesterday, when the cloudy sky and wet pavement made me feel like it the sky would probably break open and pour on me at any moment (it didn't). yay me.

I also am going to a pedaling / biking fitness class every Monday, just cuz, Mondays seem to need a good de-stresser to break in the week and that's what they have. It's a really good low-impact workout.

Guess whose TEN YEAR class reunion is this weekend? Hint: not mine but I'm going. People! We're getting old! I tell this to my young fresh-from-college co-worker when she speaks of music i've never heard of and says words that are new to me (which, of course, i can't think of any of them right now) and she's all "ohhh no you're not" But she doesn't know that I LIKE it. I know I'm not old, but I'm older than I used to be, and I LIKE this "getting old" stage of life. It's a really good place to be.

And! yay! Girls night with V. tonight! I'm excited to catch up.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my ten year reunion this summer. Ick. I'm not going. Too soon. But I'm paying my $15 to get the book so I can laugh at my former classmates! I feel sort of old.

6/25/2007  
Blogger yellowgirl said...

ohhh? A book? does it update you on what everyone else is doing? That's TOTALLY what I want.

6/25/2007  
Blogger Lindsey J said...

I wonder if my hubby knows about that book... he was quite relieved to hear that the baby is due at the same time as the reunion--it's his "out" that he's been hoping for for the last 10 years.

I'm not sure how I feel about ours being next year...it's hard to believe that it's been 9 years sometimes...

6/26/2007  
Blogger Lindsey J said...

oh, and GREAT job on biking to work every day! I miss being able to do that... :(

6/26/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you send them your info and they put together a book. So I'm skipping the reunion and just getting the book. I can't see spending a whole weekend with the people I went to high school with!

6/26/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting old - maybe? But I don't feel old. I remember being my sons age and thinking of my parents as old and I'm the same age they were then. I still feel like I'm entering into the adult world even though we have 3 kids. I wonder what it will take to stop feeling this way? Kindergarten this fall? Maybe celebrating his 13th birthday in someday. Either way I want to stay the age I'm at now so I don't have to worry about getting old.

7/05/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home