the end of the world as i know it
A few weeks ago my alarm clock, instead of beeping the annoying alarm clock beep to wake me up, simply went "bzzzzzzzzzzzzz z z z z z z z..." like a dying fly, and when I turned the alarm off the clock numbers went black.
After unplugging it and plugging it back in, it was fine. But this morning, again, dying-fly-alarm. I think it's trying to tell me something.
Time to search for a new alarm clock. Now for some people, this is easy, definitely something not worth wasting time writing about. Go to Target, buy clock. right?
Not me. I have an unhealthy attachment to my alarm clock. I got it for a gift from mom and dad quite a few years ago, but it's not the gifting that makes me attached, it's the clock. It has numbers on it (yeah yeah, I know, all clocks have numbers) REALLY though, ACTUAL numbers. On top. 10 little number buttons, 0 through 9. To set my alarm to 5:30 I press the "Set" button, then I press 0-5-3-0, then I press "enter". Done. None of this holding-down-the-hour-button scrolling through the numbers crap. I LOVE THIS CLOCK.
I've never seen another one like it. I can't find one like it on google, or amazon, or ebay. Maybe I need to look harder, but I'm starting to feel hopeless and very sad. I don't want to go back to the world of scrolling-through-numbers! I don't like it there! (yes, I'm whining. This is a DIRE situation)

2 Comments:
oh, poor you :(
you could replace it with an atomic clock. they automatically set themselves by picking up on a signal that's sent out of Colorado. i suppose you would still have to set the alarm, but i'm sure you could handle that. it might even be a character-building experience ;)
or you could get one of those clocks that projects the time on the ceiling. they're awesome.
even better, buy an atomic clock that projects on the ceiling. that's what you need to do.
If you find one let me know. I'm looking for an alarm clock for Isaac's birthday!
Post a Comment
<< Home