One Point Five Months as Mrs. Pfeifer. A Recap.
Combine coming down from the high of wedding and two honeymoons with winter starting to start and not eating well or exercising... and you get me in a slump.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying marriage is starting out bad by any means. We love being married, and it's going great. As Adam would say "piece of cake". But there's no denying the fact that life goes on, and I'm still the same person even though my name has changed and lack of exercise (I actually think this is the true culprit, yet, am I exercising? no.) still makes me feel like i'm dragging...
But, wait, lets rewind.
I haven't written much on here besides one-liners for quite awhile. So we'll rewind back to pre-wedding, Sept 2006. And there's one word to describe that: BUSY.
I planned everything wedding pretty well, there were a few things I kept meaning to 'get to' that kinda fell on the wayside. Little things, not extremely important but that I'd wanted to get done - like assigning specific people to sit at the reserved tables. I figured I'd have time on Friday, the day before the wedding, and I also thought I'd be fiiiiine staying up until 3am.
Well, Friday morning rolled in with oversleeping. We woke up about the time we were supposed to be decorating. oops. That meant jump in the car with no showers, and barely time to brush our teeth. The whole day was literally a rush, from decorating straight to manicures (we calmed down with some champagne, which poor Esther walked to get in pouring rain. But the salon people were wonderful, gave her a robe and dried her clothes) and then about 15 minutes to take showers and get dressed for rehearsal. After dinner (a wonderful night at my in-law's house) the girls cut out and went back to the hotel for some female bonding and we got to truly relax (more champagne!).
I remember thinking that if the wedding day felt like this, I really didn't want to do it. Friday absolutely wiped me out.
I woke up sometime in the middle of the night Friday, remembering those little things that didn't get done. I tried ignoring them, but they kept running around in my head, until I finally got up, went to the bathroom and made lists. An hour later, I slept like a baby.
When the wedding day arrived, I handed off my lists to someone (Vanessa, the Personal Attendant Pro, I believe), made a couple phone calls (at the same time) and stopped thinking.
And the day was great. fabulous. fun. beautiful. perfect.
I actually feel like I remember it all, that it didn't go to fast, I didn't get exhausted and I had fun. We got our hair done in the hotel room, and my friend Jess did my makeup (she sells Mary Kay, so she had all her gear with her, and she did a fabulous job). Pictures were in the church, and at a golf course in a non-windy spot (that was the only downer to the day, the wind, but it wasn't raining or cold, and we still got our outdoor pictures, so it didn't make any difference!)
The ceremony went good, we opted for only one song, sung by Adam's cousin, so there wasn't too much standing around. And we'd written our own vows, which we realized while standing up there repeating them... might have been a little long. And then the limo ride and on to the reception.
Everyone says they had a great time, and I know there were people filling the dance floor all night. That's what we had hoped for, a good party. And I think we got that. My only wish is that I would have had more time to talk to people and more time to dance, but then again, you know going in that you won't have enough time for everything. That's why they say other people's weddings are more fun.
I think brunch and gift opening is one of the best parts of the whole weekend. You literally get to relax and just relive it all, spend time with people you never see, and say the goodbyes. We got a lot of really great gifts, only a couple things needed returned, and we were so impressed with creativity of people in giving gifts. We got a grab-a-date night basket with free movie rentals and theater candy, a champagne basket with a blanket, chocolate kisses, a massager, champagne glasses and champagne.
But, probably the best gift was a heirloom - blue and white china passed down from Adam's grandparents. Dishes they'd had for years and wanted passed to a grandchild. I never felt the need to have a china hutch, but now I really want something besides a box in the basement to display these dishes in, they're beautiful.
I'll be sending thank you's and Christmas cards soon, but I have to say here that I appreciate all the people who were involved in the wedding day so much, I can't even say. Even the little things, everything helped, and it all went smoothly (and if something didn't, thanks to those who hid it from me!)
Since then, we've traveled to Jamaica and Mexico for honeymoons and more weddings, and then we settled into fall and football and living normal life. We loved both trips but both agreed that we're not all-inclusive-type travelers and we liked what Zihuatanejo, Mexico had to offer more than Jamiaca. I think we'd go back, to the same hotel even, and definitely in off-season. But for the wedding, Ags and Neil's Jamaica wedding was just beautiful - Sunshine and true blue waters!
What have we been up to? Adam has a project at work he's all excited about so he works until almost 8pm some nights (and then wakes up excited to go back to work! wouldn't it be nice if everyone had a job like that?) I'm getting back into my normal work routine and learning to balance it with having a house to take care of and being home alone alll day (especially when he works until 8!)
..But that's about it. It's all football and raking leaves and cleaning the house and doing laundry and cuddling in front of the TV now. Everything is comfy and nice, but nothing seems that exciting after all the wedding and honeymoons.
Tonight we're handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters - my first time! And I can't convince Adam to hide in the bushes and scare them....
Happy Halloween!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home