Tuesday, November 07, 2006

learning to do it all

My husband, in one sentence tell me he wants me to "make money" and in the next asks me if I'm going to go grocery shopping, order that treadmill we talked about, mow the lawn and if I got thank you cards done yet.

And THERE is one of the biggest blessings and challenges of working at home. Because I'm at home and on my own schedule I can do laundry, clean the house, make phone calls, get groceries, etc etc, but when I have work to do I don't actually have the time to do all that.

My work for Christopherson has slowed down, so I'm needing to pick up more jobs to keep myself busy and paid, that means figuring out how to advertise more... and that means first getting my busy work done now, so i have time when I DO advertise more and get more jobs.

And you, dear friends, are my usability and design testing group. I'm working on a site for the Spirit Mound Trust in Vermillion (volunteer) that I need to get done, as I had promised a year ago that it would be done soon - then I went and got engaged and married and went on vacations...

I'm linking to the site in progress here, if you can take a look at it please let me know any comments you have. Good ones are nice, but critical ones are more wanted, i need to get better :) See it here: www.spiritmoundsouthdakota.com/proof


(PS Vermillionites that laugh at Spirit Mound, it's actually worth taking a look at now that it's a state park. It's cleaned up, with a park and a hiking trail. Kinda nice)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll e-mail you feedback once i've had a chance to look at the website in more detail.

11/08/2006  
Blogger studiocitro said...

Finishing the pages would be nice, I mean putting the text in them...

hah hahah - I am totally pulling your chain.

1. I would change the font on the front page under the "Spirit Mound" - I think it's a little hard to read.
2. Maybe it's the resolution on this computer but I would make the link text a little smaller.
3. All the links except for "Visiting the area" get highlighted when you mouse over them.
Other then that, i think it really looks sharp. I love the colors, the images, the layout and navigation is really well done. Good job! :)

11/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I really like it!!! It looks so professional!! I know you said for critical comments, but I don't have any. I'm excited to see it when it gets done as I haven't heard anything about Spirit Mound!! I didn't know it became a park!! Wow! What has changed????/

11/08/2006  
Blogger Bob said...

I really like the site. Very nice. One question - on the front page, did you mean to capitalize "The" in "Visiting The Area"? I would just be consistent because you have "On the Lewis and Clark Trail" where both "the" and "and" are not capitalized.

Is there anyone to contact for someone who has an interest or any questions?

The picture on the front page is really really good. I've been there, but that picture makes me want to go back. ;)

Nice job.

11/09/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home