Countdown: 15 Days
Kontrabanda Countdown: 22 Days
The iCal icon sitting in the dock at the bottom of my computer screen today says "1". Simply the number one. September 1. By the end of this month Ags and I will both have a "Mrs." in front of our names, many of us will have been to Jamaica and back.
I'm tired of the to-do lists. I'm frustrated because i hate trying to figure out how to get him to get things done, but I hate even having things for him to do. Every moment together i have a constant list in my mind "when are we going to do work on vows?" "When are you going to order gifts?" "Are you going to find time to do Thank You's?" "Do you want to work on photos with me?" I hate bombarding him with questions so i try not to, and instead try to have normal conversation with him, but the questions linger in the back of my mind and the conversation isn't sincere. I'm excited for when we can simply enjoy time together again. Hang out without anything to do, lay around watching movies on Saturday morning, drink wine, go for walks, cook! Call friends and go out for a drink.
On one hand, I don't want the day to go so fast I barely remember it so I try to hold on to each moment up until that day. Relish signing "Graham" every time I can. But on the other hand, I really want to be sitting on a beach drinking a margarita...relaxing.

1 Comments:
this must be every person who ever gets married. there were a few times painfully close to the wedding i had to just say to mike: "i really really need you to do these things now because i can't do everything and i have asked you to do so very little." of course, once you get married, those things translate to new things, like "remember how you said three weeks ago you'd go through this massive pile of mail that's been cluttering the countertop? yeah, can you do that?" :)
i also think the actual wedding goes by awfully fast and unless you make a point of paying close attention to everything, it just ends up a blurr. though the overwhelming feeling of relief that it's finally over may be enough!
Post a Comment
<< Home