Monday, August 07, 2006

THE bride

In some sense, I envy those people who dreamed of their perfect wedding their whole lives, because those are the people who fully enjoy wedding planning - right down to every last detail of it.

Me, I've dreamed of my fun wedding dance, but not my whole life, only since I've entered my 20's. If the details of the wedding dance was all I had to do i'd be set. 1) pick a good DJ 2) buy beer.

I've also dreamed of just being married, only since I decided who I wanted to be married to.

But I definitely haven't dreamed of the perfect wedding, and this makes me have moments where I'm tired of other people watching our relationship and other people wanting to be part of things and other people giving us gifts - making me wish that just WE could enjoy our relationship, without others even noticing - and tired of planning and picking colors and decorations and buying stuff.

I want Sundays where I don't have to do have a wedding-to-do list in the back of my head but instead only have to do things like mow the lawn, find something to eat, wash dishes.

We tried having a day like that yesterday, but then hit this morning and I forgot to do this and I should've done that. It was nice while it lasted.

I know the next six weeks will go really fast, but still, I'm ready to just skip right past it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're like me, I wasn't the little girl who dreamed of walking down the aisle and stuff. I just thought about someday wanting to be married. And when it came to planning and actually getting married, I didn't really enjoy any of it and was so glad when it was over. My friend Jen made a comment to me on my wedding. She said, "You're like us, you care about being married, not getting married." How you get married doesn't matter, it's one small day in a lifetime. It's the being together that is important.

8/07/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home