Wednesday, September 07, 2005

the perils of internet dating...

My roommate is on a love mission. In San Francisco.

I warned her when she started chatting (online) with the British boy. "He's in LONDON" "take your time, you JUST got out of a relationship" But nooo, "It's just chatting" "Besides, it's good that he's in London - it's so far away you know I can't actually get into a relationship" "It's a distraction, I need a distraction right now"

Then came the phone comments...
"He wants to call me..."
"How much does it cost to make international calls on your internet phone?"

Pretty soon our friend was hiding out in her room, on the phone or chatting online... Running 'to work' on weekends after her computer broke... getting up at 5:30am to start the day with a phone call...

Still just a distraction?

Then it was the trip.
"He's going to be in San Francisco." "Should I go?" "I've reserved tickets and canceled them five times!" "Should I go?"

She didn't cancel the tickets in time the sixth time. By the time I got home to say "Mom and Dad say you can't go" the deal was done. So I recruited Esther, my San Francisco Contact, to play chaperone.
"You HAVE to meet him and report back to me"

I'll be surprised if she ever comes back from San Francisco... The four day trip has been extended four more days... I've talked to her a couple times and I know she's having an unbelievable time.

Esther, friends and the Happy European Couple went out for dinner and dancing Sunday night. The report was all clear. She questioned him - but mostly had fun with them. "He's really a neat guy! You'd never guess they just met, the seem like the know each other really well."

I know my roomie well enough to know the next week will be one minute gushing about wonderful boy the next minute heartbroken because he's ON ANOTHER CONTINENT. I'll be stocking up on wine tomorrow.

The perils of internet dating...

Love you dear. I'm more than excited to hear it ALL.

5 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

good for you to plan ahead with the wine. you're going to need it :)

9/08/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

maybe you can share some wine with me -- ags and I live parallel lives -- although I keep my romances within the country.

9/08/2005  
Blogger yellowgirl said...

uhoh miss steph, you might have to come over for a powwow sometime so you and my roomie can commiserate...

9/08/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

we might have to do that -- give a call anytime (i think ags has my number if you don't)

9/08/2005  
Blogger studiocitro said...

my blog has the details....

and i am not nearly as bad as you thought - right?

:) :) :)

and yes, i am walking 4 feet above the ground :)

9/12/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home