Monday, August 29, 2005

everyone's on crack

I'm home. Got back from California just over a week ago. Happy to be home, happy to have a house, settled / settling in. Still happy to have made the move. I'm a small-town midwest girl, not a Californian even though I got a 'Well, you look Californian' from someone while I was out there.

I could easily turn into one of those old ladies telling everyone what's going on in the neighborhood. I have one window in my office. Even when I'm busy I still have to look out it once in a while... and in such a quiet town, it's hard not to notice when something is going on. So just about every day I update Agnese on what the hippies across the street did today - I can't be sure they're druggies, but I'm positive they're hippies - and I can make a good assumption... because as Esther put it yesterday: A van with a trailer and 25 long-haired flannel-shirt-wearing people piling out of it? So many people you can't actually tell who really LIVES there? Pitching tents in the backyard every few days? Yeah, there are probably drugs involved. They have two labs. When the girl yells at them she calls them both 'DOG!'

And besides those drugs... sometimes I swear the people I work with in california are a little loopy. I'm so glad I'm not in an office there. I'd be running around like a chicken with my head cut off...

speaking of chickens and heads coming off... oh, that's a story for another day...

1 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

Instead of reading "the people I work with are a little loopy" I read "the people I work with are a little poopy".

I think we know what is on my mind...

reminder - change my name on the link ;)

8/31/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home