flying.
Omaha tried to have wireless internet access, but it didn't work well. Oakland doesn't have it at all, but Vegas has absolutely free, hassle-free wireless. cheers to that!
The first 'leg' of my trip back today was probably one of the best flights I've been on. I got a front (read: leg room) window seat. Oakland itself was gloomy and covered with fog, but once the plane cleared the fog, i got to see one of the more beautiful things I've ever seen. A very thick layer of fog covers the Bay consistently in August, and the top of it, with the sun shining on it, is an amazing sight. Mountains poke up through the top of it like island paradises in heaven, and when you get further east it winds itself through the top of the mountains as it thins out, like fingers reaching as far as they can before the hand pulls them back. I wish you could see it.
I'd never flown into Vegas before (and yes, i fed a machine $2 just to test my luck) and it wasn't as flashy from the sky as I expected. I guess early morning daylight would make a big difference from busy Vegas nighttime. But the beautiful thing as we came in was flying for awhile parallel with the clouds... fluffy poofs floating in the sky above the mountains. That would have made a great photo as well.
It'll get old i think, but still, I think a part of me will continue to just love flying...
Oh, and a tip: if you ever have to send kids to fly alone: Go Southwest - I love watching the way they take care of kids from the hands of one relative to when they deliver them into the hands of the next. It's wonderful.

1 Comments:
Beautiful - that's what I love about window seats :) I never know what beautiful things I'm going to see that I would have totally missed had I sat in the aisle seat. Love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home