Corporate Politics
this weekend someone asked me what my 'plans' are, work-related, for the future. I said it's funny because I always had this thought in the back of my mind (maybe God planted it there?) that I would work at home when I had kids. I never planned it, because how do you 'plan' something like that?
How do you make God laugh? Make a plan.
So what are my plans? Whatever God leads me to. But what do I forsee? Doing this forever. 'This' being web consulting and designing, maybe a little photography in the future. I never, never want to go back to a big business, never again want to be involved in corporate politics. Because even when it doesn't directly affect my job that much, it makes me sad. It makes me sad to see a world with so many people driven by so many materialistic things. I know this is the way it has to be, the way it is, and it will never change; and I know that if i had to go back into it I would and it would be fine.
It's funny, because I just got a little taste of it at a company that when it comes to being compared to the big-time, doesn't probably compare. Doesn't probably even qualify for what I'm talking about. But it's still there. the politics. and i don't want it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home