Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Adams house with the windows open and worlds i did not grow up in

I did not grow up in a world where families golf together. There's nothing wrong with it, it's neat actually, and i wouldn't think much of it if it wasn't my boyfriend who did grow up in that world. While the boyfriend and family golf, me and family boat. It's just what we do.

I worked today at Adam's house, because even though I'm practically moments away from moving out of my apartment I'm still sick enough of it for it to make me mad, crabby, and irritable. Ask Agnese. ("I'm not crabby. You're just not listening to me.")

I also did not grow up in a world with neighbors. Well, we had neighbors, it was just that it was your daily exercise if you were going to consider walking to your neighbors house. It wasn't close enough to feel like you might be able to hear their conversation over dinner. Again, nothing wrong with it.. just feels weird... especially knowing that one neighbor works for adam's dad. And knowing that people watch their neighbors. If they're not watching TV. And all the windows are wide open right now.

It cooled off suddenly. I love this about the midwest. It's what makes me truly midwestern, this loving of the things that the normal population would hate. This loving of the fact that you can never know what the weather is going to be like at any given time of the year, and knowing that just because it was 100 degrees two days ago doesn't mean it won't be 65 today. I love the midwest.

The apartment doesn't have windows, fresh air or sunlight. It's almost a dungeon. with a wasp outside one of the two hidden windows guarding it. 65 degrees means you can turn off the air and open all the windows and let the outside in.

And in a house in the dunes there are windows to open, and the outside is coming in...

I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home