dental diet and celebrity sightings
My dentist filled holes in my *officially* crappy teeth today, the entire time going 'oh, my these are deep'.....'hmm, still going, pretty deep'....'you're going to want to keep some extra strength tylenol on hand for when the numbness wears off'
That's on the side of my mouth that felt fine. No sensitivity at all. I guess once he got in there what he thought was a tiny cavity was actually a freakin' cavern. If I'd let it go much longer I would have been knocking on his door early some saturday morning (he's my next-door neighbor).
The other side of the mouth supposedly looks fine... but has been painfully sensitive to everything hot, cold, sweet, etc for over a year. He's sending me to a root canal specialist to have that one checked out. Pray for it to be a crappy filling and not a need-for-a-root-canal?
The point of all this is that I couldn't eat much on the hurting side of the mouth and now that the other side has been drilled up I can't eat on that side either. And he said to stay away from hot, cold and not-soft food for awhile anyway. Hello cottage cheese and yogurt!
I understand having discolored teeth, I drink coffee like it's going out of style. But I'm pretty good about my teeth otherwise, brush, don't drinks soda or eat sweets, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a mouth full of fillings. Hence: officially crappy teeth.
On a happier note:
I forgot to mention that Keanu Reeves and Will Ferrell hung out on the sidelines in front of us the entire second half of the Nebraska football game. Supposedly Ferrell is a big USC fan and it was Keanu Reeves' first college football game.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home