Friday, September 08, 2006

the many reasons i love my future husband and family...

So it's Wednesday afternoon and I'm calmly plugging along on a photo slideshow for the wedding. It suddenly occurs to me that I don't have my phone, so I go find it and have four messages waiting for me.

I don't know what the other three said, because the only thing I heard was Luigi from Botecelli's saying "you have us scheduled for catering your event on September 16, we are closed so you will have to find someone else to do your event." I froze. Closed my eyes and thought This isn't happening. I just heard that wrong. I'm having a dream and soon I'll wake up. But after a few minutes i realized it was real. Then yes, I cried. I flipped out a bit. I think I screamed a little and hit some walls. This was definitely my first Bride Flip Out (hopefully the only one). And why not? I was two hours away from Sioux City and had no idea where to start in finding a new caterer on short notice. Then, when I could partially breathe again I called Adam.

Between breaths i managed to get out "The....Caterer.... Called. They closed.... Canceled." First thing he did was calm me down. "It'll be fine. I'll call them right when i get off work. I'll get it figured out." In one hour, he had called me back with three caterers who were available and he was on his way to trying to figure out what was going on.

He had called his mom who started calling her friends and figuring out every caterer she could find. He talked to people at work. His dad talked to people at work. By yesterday at noon we probably had a list of almost ten caterers that were available if we needed them. And by that time we'd narrowed it down to one that came highly recommended and was very helpful, she's almost matching our menu (it might even be better!) and our price. She was available to meet with me anytime ("lets not cause 'The Bride' further stress").

I'm meeting with her today and expect everything to be fine. What could have been a catastrophe turned out to be a minor glitch in details, thanks to the wonderful family I'm marrying into.

3 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

OH MY GOSH. This IS a dream --

WHAT????????????????????

9/08/2006  
Blogger studiocitro said...

How could that happen?

9/08/2006  
Blogger studiocitro said...

I am still in shock.

9/08/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home