Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lesson of the Day: By avoiding spending money on 'regular' checkup for your car, you end up spending money to get it fixed anyway.

my car overheated on the way to Sioux City last night. Fortunately it didn't actually steam-blowing-out overheat, it just got almost-all-the-way hot and when I got to Adam's i asked 'is it bad if the engine temperature is almost all the way to the big H?'

I thought maybe it was just because it was SO HOT yesterday and my car couldn't handle it (never mind that it handled 105 degrees daily in california a couple years ago). And this morning i really wanted to go home. No Such Luck.

I didn't get half way to North Sioux before the engine temperature was ALL-THE-WAY Hot. Yes, i stopped. Then went again, then stopped. Adam came and filled it with coolant and sent me on the backroads to the service station. For this reason, i love having a fiance (i told him when he was pulling away that this is what he gets when get gets married, he just smiled).

On the way, oh guess what? The temperature was hot. So I stopped, and went when it cooled a little, and stopped, and went again, and stopped...

I finally made it. And told them to do everything. Including that 60,000 mile checkup I was supposed to have done 8000 miles ago.

Thank God for Panera.

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

funny how those car repairs/check ups will come back to bite you in the butt if you don't do them when you should

7/20/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home