Monday, December 05, 2005

Cowgirl up

Mom & Dad moved, and sold their house.

The beautiful thing about having parents that live in the same house you grew up in is that they get to be the keepers of all the stuff you can't remember you have but don't want to throw away. Its easy to just keep it and let it pile up THERE, where you don't have to look at it.

So anyway, my parents moved, which meant there was no way they were moving MY crap and I mad the mistake of moving into a big house with lots of storage room when I came back. So guess where that crap is? All over the basement floor, half-opened boxes with Wish World Kids and stuffed garfields climbing out of them. My Cowboy Hat wants a place to live and the cat, thimble and Cherished Teddies collections i just am not sure what to do with. Boxes full of pictures and journals and high school yearbooks and old boyfriend momentos will of course just get packed back up to pull out and reminisce over again later.

I thought i was a cowgirl in high school, right down to the wranglers, cowboy hat and ropers (Which are actually still very comfortable, though i promise, i don't wear them!). My room was all western/southwestern right down to the bedspread and border and little thingies hanging on the walls. I actually rode horses once in a while (and would give anything to go run 'Misty' along the creek like we did that one time).

I go through these boxes half-wishing mom would have just thrown it all away, and yet knowing that if she did I'd ask for something in five years and be irritated that it's gone. At least now if I decide to toss it all (or, as sis suggested, sell it on ebay) it's my own darn fault.

Anyone need a pair of Cowboy Boot Earrings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home