engineers
i dated an engineer once, before adam. Literally only once though, we had a great three-month long email conversation and then I drove to Minneapolis to meet him for the first time. He took to me to an art gallery, out for steak, and then we watched the stars and talked until i fell asleep.
I was a sophomore in college. Young, and i had stars in my eyes for the next month. He was a senior, very focused on his career. Got flown to interviews all over the place and finally took a job at GM. It hurt when he told me he didn't really want a relationship. I was optimistic and thought if it was meant to be it didn't matter how far apart we were. Practicality told him that Michigan and SD were too far, and we were at such different stages of life... smart man.
So he moved, and I grew up, and every few months I'd get a phone call from him or I'd randomly think of him in the middle of the night and shoot him an email. It was always a catch-up conversation. Still in Michigan? Yeah, still in SD? yeah, but...
A few months turned into six months, then a year, and then a forward from him now and then, sent from the GM email address...
So when I thought of him the other day i wondered if i still had that GM email address. It's been probably two years since we talked. I know i told him I was in Cali. The last forward from him was January.
I got an email back today. Still in Michigan, still doing well. still an enthusiastic man, and growing more in love with God every day...

1 Comments:
i had forgotten about him. that's cool that you two still keep in touch (even though the contact is pretty sporadic).
Post a Comment
<< Home