Gushing: "uttered with unrestrained enthusiasm"
I got ahold of a friend wednesday to tell her The Big News, and while visiting I assume my tone of voice "So we're getting married" was probably similar to if I'd said something like "So I'm making Chicken Pot Pie tonight".
Halfway through our conversation she said "Why aren't you gushing? Everyone gushes when they first get engaged!"
Why indeed?
I wish she could have seen me last night after my FIANCE came back from a week in Arkansas, and I got to actually visit with him for what felt like the first time in two weeks. Granted, we've spent some time together, but he's been gone and then so much of the time has been with other people or while doing something else that after he left monday and I suddenly started having to think about planning a wedding in 4.5 months and I couldn't talk to him because he was in Arkansas working 24 hours a day i got a bit overwhelmed and started feeling stressed.
Why wasn't I gushing? Because I was thinking more about planning a wedding than being married.
Last night, dinner and beer and catching up from the week. Discussing some plans and discussing nothing and then going back to his house and cuddling up on the couch to watch some episodes of BBC's "The Office". He got a call from his 'little' to make a plan for the weekend. And even now thinking about listening to my FIANCE (I'm getting used to this word) visiting with that cute 7-year-old about what's going on the next day makes me smile and feel a bit gushy. He'll be a great dad...
I'm going to marry this man. I get to actually live here with him soon. I get to wake up next to him every day. Just being with him this weekend made all the wedding planning seem so much clearer, somehow... being next to him makes everything seem so much clearer...

2 Comments:
I'm very excited and happy for you! It was fun seeing you Thursday, and congratulations again!
I can say didn't really "gush" to other people either. Partly because you can see it coming and partly because it's so easy to get caught up in the practical stuff - planning, sorting out joining your lives, etc. Though you're more of a "gusher" than me...
Post a Comment
<< Home